// Links to merchants mentioned within this website may be using an affiliate link which means that we may earn a commission if you buy something through that link. Read our Earnings Disclosure to learn more.
Your leather sofa will be the focal point of your living room, and there is nothing worse than having it painted with stains, oil residue, or dirt. To keep your leather sofa at top quality, you need to handle it with care by using a high quality cleaner such as our top pick Lexol pH Leather Cleaner. After all, what’s the point of having a leather sofa if it is unable to be used?
An important tip to remember when choosing a leather sofa cleaner is that not only does it need to be strong enough to clean the sofa, it also needs to be safe for your sofa and contain conditioners to keep the sofa surface soft. If this does not happen, you will end up having to buy a cleaner and a conditioner which will run through your pockets. You don’t want that.
Also, remember to spot test the product in an area that is hidden in view to make sure it is compatible with your leather furniture, because although some products claim to for any type of leather, it is best to be on the safe side.
Top Leather Sofa Cleaners:
|Lexol Leather Cleaner, 1 Liter, Best...||1,244 Reviews||Check Price|
|Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner...||1,079 Reviews||Check Price|
|Leather Honey Leather Cleaner The Best...||2,381 Reviews||Check Price|
|303 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner - UV...||324 Reviews||Check Price|
|Blue Magic 800 Clear Automotive...||96 Reviews||Check Price|
Why is It Important to Have a Leather Tailored Cleaner?
Many people think that their leather will continue to look great if they just don’t do anything to it; WRONG. Some people think they can use their everyday household cleaners on their leather furniture; WRONG. Caring for your leather furniture properly is essential in maintaining its life and durability. Leather gets better over time so you need to make sure the product or products you are using will ensure your leather will withhold for years to come.
A Guide to Buying Leather Sofa Cleaner
With all the leather furniture cleaners out there claiming to be the best on the market, how do you really know? Here are some tips to keep in mind when searching for that one special cleaner:
READ THE TAG! It’s almost common sense that the best way to know how to care for your leather furniture is by reading the label or instructions that came when it was purchased. Here you should find specifics on what types of products to use, and what methods to use for different occurrences. Some manufacturers make products designed to clean their pieces specifically, if that is the case you will likely want to purchase that item.
Look at the ingredients! Harsh chemicals can fade or crack your leather. You want ingredients that are gentle but work deeply. For leather exposed to the sun, it is important to find products that protect against the suns harmful rays that will eventually fade your beautiful interior.
Best Leather Sofa Cleaner – Lexol pH Leather Cleaner
- Safely renew, restore, and revive your leather with Lexol...
- Returns a like-new appearance to leather by lifting dirt and...
- Free of waxes, oils, and unnecessary additives to help...
- Perfect for cleaning leather car interiors, furniture,...
- Easy-to-use cap helps control the amount of leather cleaner...
- Deep-cleaning and foaming action
- Specifically made for leather
- Penetrates wet or dry leather and bonds with it’s fibers
- Easy to use
- Does not leave a greasy residue on leather
- Been trusted and used by professionals for over 50 years
- Provides a collection of leather cleaning products
- Will likely need to be followed up with a conditioner
Lexol Leather pH Cleaner is a great way to get the job done. It is specifically made for leather and is safe to use. It deep cleans and foams away dirt and residue without leaving behind a sticky or slippery surface. The cleaning agent in Lexol Leather pH Cleaner loosens and lifts dirt so that it can be easily wiped away. It is specifically formatted to leave your leather stronger and more beautiful than ever before. Customers rave about the amazing quality Lexol Leather Cleaner stating that their leather has “never looked so good” and that “nothing beats it”.
Cheaper Alternative – Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
- Simple & Non-Toxic - Condition & protect in one simple step...
- Use On - Use regularly on accessories such as leather,...
- Protect - UVX - Sunscreen protects all types of leather from...
- Restore - Safely removes dirt, soil & residue to soften,...
- Recommended - Finished leather surfaces including car...
- pH formula with six natural cleaners and conditioners
- prevents surface aging
- Contains UV Sunscreen to protect leather
- Works on all finished leather surfaces
- More fl. Oz.
- Cleaner & Conditioner
- Does not leave greasy residue
- Must search around for the best price to ounces ratio
At a lower price than the Lexol pH Leather Cleaner, the Weiman Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is a great alternative. With six built in cleaners and conditioners, your leather sofa will look like new! The cleansers and conditioners help restore sheen while protecting your sofa to keep it looking beautiful for years. Also containing UV agents to protect leather that is affected by direct sunlight such as car seats, Weiman Leather Cleaner will not cause your leather to fade or crack.
This versatile product can be used on couches, sofsas, chairs, auto interiors, jackets, purses, shoes, handbags, seats and even faux leather! Customers love how Weiman Leather Cleaner leaves their leather products “conditioned and shiny”.
This formula comes in either a spray bottle or wipe applicators.
Leather tends to get better over time. This product is the ideal product, with an affordable price, for maintaining your leather sofa.
Premium Alternative – Leather Cleaner by Leather Honey
- MADE IN THE USA by a small family business that specializes...
- TRUSTED: Our family has been developing leather care...
- QUICKLY AND GENTLY CLEANS all types of leather and vinyl,...
- UNLIMITED 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. If you're not happy...
- SPECIALLY FORMULATED to work with Leather Honey Leather...
- Removes tough oils and soils
- Can be used on automotive and home interior leathers
- Contains biodegradable cleaning agents
- pH balanced formula
- Non Toxic
- Makes 32oz of cleaner
- Can also be used on vinyl
- Helps prevent drying out leather
- Non Toxic
- Made in USA
- Cannot be used on suede
Leather Honey is one of a kind. Some are calling it “the best leather cleaner for any use.” Not only does it contain mild biodegradable cleaning agents for safe and effect cleaning, it also is enriched to prevent leather from drying out. This product was developed to compliment their original Leather Honey Conditioner.
Although at first glance you may be strayed by the price, you should understand that it’s a concentrated leather cleaner. One bottle will actually supply up to 32oz of cleaner when dilluted with water.
The only drawback is it’s not designed to be used with suede.
Budget Alternative – 303 Leather 3 in 1 Complete Care
- 303 Automotive 3 in 1 Leather Complete Care is made in the...
- Safe for any finished leather or vinyl surface such as...
- Contains superior UV protection to help prevent fading and...
- Long lasting and maintains clean surfaces, this product will...
- 303 Leather and Vinyl Cleaner is an easy to use spray on...
- Safely cleans and conditions
- Contains UV protection
- Works on leather and vinyl
- Helps prevent fading and cracking
- Easy to use
- Long Lasting
- Versatile use
- Can expose you to chemicals known to California to cause cancer
This alternative will get the job done all at once. This 3 in 1 leather cleaner also works on vinyl. It will keep your leather sofa looking new for longer. One treatment will last up to 45 days! This product cleans up surface dirt and grime while repelling dust, lint, and stains. The superior UV protection protects against the harmful rays of the sun that typically cause drying and cracking in leather. This product is super easy to use, it contains a trigger spray and you just spray it on and wipe it off.
303 Leather 3 in 1 Complete Care can be used on leather seats, furniture upholstery, footwear, saddlery, coats, furntiture, handbags, purses, briefcases, sports equipment and luggage. This product is not intended for suede or unfinished leather.
303 has been providing quality care since 1980 and has been a premium choice for car enthusiasts and homeowners. This product will keep your sofa looking like new for longer!
Blue Magic 800 Leather and Vinyl Cleaner
- Auto & Truck Maintenance
- Country of manufacture: United States
- Manufacturer: BLUE MAGIC
- Lifts ground in dirt
- Removes stains
- Adds extra shine to your products
- Easy to use
- Adjustable trigger spray
- Removes oil and moisture during cleaning
- Must buy a separate leather conditioner
Do not be swayed by the cheaper price, this alternative will still get the job done. However, it does not contain the best quality ingredients. Still, it will clean your leather. With this product you must buy a separate conditioner. There are not many special perks to owning this cleaner. It works and it is cheap.
If this is right for your pockets and you need to get your leather or vinyl clean, I would suggest you check this one out. Blue Magic will lift ground in dirt and remove stains on both your leather and vinyl products. It can be used on home, auto, and marine leather or vinyl. However, this product is lacking in a true description and seems untrustworthy. You can buy it at Amazon.
If you want to keep your leather sofa looking brand new for years to come, it is important to invest in an effective leather cleaner. The right leather cleaner will not dry out your leather sofa, will not leave a greasy residue, and will adequately remove oil and stains.
With gentle and safe cleaning agents that provide deep cleansing action, Lexol Leather pH Cleaner Lexol Leather pH Cleaner will efficiently and reliably maintain the beauty of your leather. At an affordable price, you really cannot go wrong with this product.
Ultimately, though, if your budget is tight, it is best to choose one of the alternative products that will still provide stellar results and help you maintain your leather sofa.